Friday, July 29, 2011

Acting! Genius!

There are no small roles, only small actors. I think my Trueby may have rocked both today. If you haven't seen a Missoula Children's Theater production yet, get yourself to one. Aces. They roll in on Monday, audition and cast the roles, and Saturday...boomski! A whole freakin play! The Trube loves it, she's been looking forward to this week since early July.

 The play this time was Snow White and my girl (the small actor)  was cast as a skunk (the small role.) Seriously the cutest thing on legs.
  I know my bias is so staggering that I would probably campaign her for a Tony, but really...look at the cheeks! She had a lovely time. They run on and off stage, have a few songs and a couple lines. Love it. There were just under 60 kids and they did two shows. Aunt Jessica and cousin Leila came up to see the matinee which was nutty exciting.
Super fun to watch Leila's eyes grow ginormous with all the weird lighting, costumes and people yelling on stage. She dug it. What a happy baby! Between shows we went to dinner and the kiddo got to explain to all the servers why she was wearing face paint. Added bragging bonus!
 

 So she doesn't get a Tony, but she was totally content with some diva flowers and ice cream at Mallard's afterward. She's a star I tells ya!